A wide range of vehicles are available to fund future financial goals. These could be low risk-low return instruments like bank deposits and small savings, or higher risk products such as equity, which can offer potentially higher returns. Insurance scores over other investment vehicles in a number of aspects. The key to building a sound financial plan is to start with a solid and secure base. Insurance can help you ensure a sound and secure foundation by protecting your family, protecting your assets, protecting your health and most importantly - protecting your dreams. With evolution, insurance also offers you solutions to accumulate substantial savings and invest them for your future needs as well as for your retirement.
1) Why Property Insurance - Insurance of property means insurance of house, office ,buildings, machinery, stocks etc against Fire and Allied Perils, Burglary Risks and so on. Goods in transit via Sea, Air, Railways, Roads and Courier can be insured under Marine Cargo Insurance. Hulls of ship and boats can be insured under Marine Hull Insurance. Further, there are specialized policies available such as Aviation Insurance Policy for insurance of planes and helicopters. Thus Property Insurance is a very vast category of General Insurance and the type of cover that you need depends upon the type of property you are seeking to cover.
2) Why Buy Motor Insurance - Motor insurance gives protection to the vehicle owner against (i). damages to his/her vehicle and (ii). pays for any Third Party Liability determined as per law against the owner of the vehicle. Third Party Insurance is a statutory requirement. The owner of the vehicle is legally liable for any injury or damage to third party life or property caused by or arising out of the use of the vehicle in a public place. Driving a motor vehicle without insurance in a public place is a punishable offence in terms of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
3) Why Buy Health Insurance - The term ‘Health Insurance’ relates to a type of insurance that essentially covers your medical expenses. A health insurance policy like other policies is a contract between an insurer and an individual / group in which the insurer agrees to provide specified health insurance cover at a particular “premium” subject to terms and conditions specified in the policy.
4) Why Buy Travel Insurance - Travel Insurance offers insurance protection while you travel. Travel Insurance may be called by different names by insurance companies. It is important for you to check and understand whether the policy covers domestic travel or overseas travel or both. Travel Insurance protects you and/or family against travel related accidents, unexpected medical expenditure during travel, losses such as baggage loss, loss of passport etc and interruption or delays in flights or delayed arrival of baggage etc.You must read and understand what the policy you are considering exactly covers. Do ask you insurer and/or agent or broker questions to clear all your doubts and go through the terms and conditions of the cover thoroughly. Travel Insurance normally offers cover only during a specific period of travel. However, some insurance companies may offer various combinations of protection to cater to the specific needs of customers e.g., there could be a special policy for Corporate Frequent Travellers etc.
5) Term insurance - Term insurance is the simplest and cheapest form of life cover, which pays the sum assured on death. This is useful to simply provide for a family's survival in the unfortunate event of demise of the bread winner. This can also be used to cover repayment of any debt of a policy holder by simply assigning the policy to the creditor. Upon maturity or claim on the policy, the proceeds are paid to the creditor. Loan Cover policies are a variant where the sum assured keeps reducing in line with the loan balance.
6) Why Buy Life Insurance - Life Insurance is a financial cover for a contingency linked with human life, like death, disability, accident, retirement etc. Human life is subject to risks of death and disability due to natural and accidental causes. When human life is lost or a person is disabled permanently or temporarily, there is loss of income to the household.
Though human life cannot be valued, a monetary sum could be determined based on the loss of income in future years. Hence, in life insurance, the Sum Assured ( or the amount guaranteed to be paid in the event of a loss) is by way of a ‘benefit’. Life Insurance products provide a definite amount of money in case the life insured dies during the term of the policy or becomes disabled on account of an accident.
Why you should buy Life Insurance:
Life Insurance is needed :
Who needs Life Insurance:
How much Life Insurance is needed:
The key to building a sound financial plan is to start with a solid and secure base. Insurance can help you ensure a sound and secure foundation by protecting your family, protecting your assets, protecting your health and most importantly - protecting your dreams.
With evolution, insurance also offers you solutions to accumulate substantial savings and invest them for your future needs as well as for your retirement.